Monday 14 January 2013

AMIDST THE FOG


Monday, January 14, 2013

The cold breeze brushing the leaves of the old neem tree in between the back garden of my house marks the entrance of winters. Rosy pink winters. Winters full of love,happiness,indoor chit chats around the bonfire, festivals,vacations, lot of coffee and tea.With the starting of winters people start preparing for it. It does not matters whether there is need of wearing woolens or not but they will start wearing it. Woods and coal etc. would be gathered in houses. People who are capable enough would  buy blowers etc. Winters are the favorite  time for outdoor trips. New year also makes winters more and more beautiful.love blossoms and flows in the air during winter. Everybody celebrates winters in his own way. Some goes outside on a trip, some enjoy it inside the house by partying enjoying with the family, but let me tell u one thing, I don't do any of these things.

I dont enjoy winters at all. Winter is not a festive season for me. I hate winters and don't want winters to come ever again.I am a PAUPER. Every year before the winters, I pray to god that this winter may not be my last one. I try to gather resources to protect myself against the cold but they are of no use against those barbaric chilli breezes which pierce through my skin and makes it really difficult for me to survive.I sleep on footpath besides pull near hanuman setu temple.The vehicles continuously pass by me but nobody till today tried to cover me up or help me in any way. I have heard about some shelter home made by the government but am not interested in going there. I have survived like this till now and will continue to be like this until one fine day this cold or any passing by vehicle will decide my destiny.I didn't chose to be like this but i don't know to do anything else.In my young age when i was capable of doing something for my future, I was not provided with any kind of education or guidance. I don't know who my father and mother was and so cant blame them. Though I tried hard but my destiny was always ahead of me and later i was adjusted to this kind of lifestyle only.

The sun does not brings a new start to me and the night never ends anything. My life is just continuing with the same pace with nothing at the end of it.Every upcoming winter is becoming more and more difficult to pass. This year my neighbor died and maybe the next number would be mine. I have done only one and only thing in my life of which i could be proud of. i didn't produced any one who could spoil the  reputation of winter and curse it.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the post..It reminded me of all those people I see sleeping on pavements along the roads when I return from office in the night.
    I just pass by but never stopped or did something to improve their situation.feeling sad for myself not for them.

    ReplyDelete